Software Solutions ConsultantJuly 10, 2013
Unix Developer – Salary Market RelatedJuly 12, 2013
Business Intelligence Specialist with at least 4+years experience in information analysis, is required for a large company in JHB East.
- Meet the business needs for BI reporting via the design and development of accurate reporting on the SMARTview (QlikView) and BI systems.
- Aggregate data from multiple sources, including databases and data warehouses, to deliver accurate and useful data from any appropriate IT applications, including ProCarS and Compu-Clearing, and work with appropriate support teams to resolve any associated issues.
- Facilitate the translation of business needs into analytics / reporting requirements through a high level of engagement and interfacing with internal users, vendors, and external customers/consumers of this reporting.
- Liaise with and direct external consultants (e.g. RIC Consulting), for maintenance of existing and development of new reports for the SMARTview (Qlikview) system.
- Identify BI opportunities and promote expanded role for BI Reporting within other Business Units, to enrich their analytics and decision-making.
- Establish practices to ensure data quality and perform quality reviews of data models and function as the administrator the BI environment, to ensure acceptable performance.
- Troubleshoot BI tools, systems and processes to both resolve and avoid accuracy and support issues, and performance tune as necessary.
- Ensure that all activities in the area of responsibility are compliant with current legal and company specific regulations
- 4+ years’ experience in information analysis and reporting writing.
- Possess deep knowledge and understanding of core BI/EDW technology, structured design, data modelling, and data mining techniques.
- 2+ years’ experience with QlikView or similar BI reporting tool.
- 2+ years’ experience in developing reports on the three tools used by SBI, i.e. SAP Crystal Reports, SAP BusinessObjects Dashboards (formerly Xcelsius), and SAP BusinessObjects Web
- Strong computer literacy with the MS Office suite, in addition technical experience in IT will be an advantage.