Software Solutions ConsultantJuly 10, 2013
Unix Developer – Salary Market RelatedJuly 12, 2013
Customer Solutions & Interface Specialist with at least 4 + years experience of data transmission systems, is required for a large company in JHB East.
- Engage with the customer or internal application owner to analyse the requirements of the data flow and interface, and thereafter project manage the design, configuration, and implementation of each interface.
- Take ownership of and establish practices to ensure the accurate, timeous and reliable operation and administration of the ODEX Enterprise data transmission system.
- Implement optimal design and configuration of Channels, Workflows and Data Sources, and any other configuration elements required to ensure the accurate, timeous and reliable data exchange between parties.
- Liaise with external providers of data exchanges where this is necessary to implement required data flows and interfaces.
- Ensure that customer requirements are met and accurately implemented via the configuration and administration of the XLATE Evolution message translation system.
- Engage with customers to explain and promote Schenker’s data exchange and interface capabilities in support of the sales function.
- Provide support for global initiatives to enhance efficiencies within the organisation and design regional data flows where they will support these initiatives or projects.
- Develop and establish relationships with internal clients and through these partnerships ensuring a seamless and quality service being provided.
- Ensure that all activities in the area of responsibility are compliant with current legal and company specific regulations.
- Computer Science or Information Systems degree, or diploma.
- 4+ years experience of data exchange and data transmission systems, preferably ODEX Enterprise and XLATE Evolution, but will consider XIB, or Microsoft BizTalk.
- Possess deep knowledge and understanding of data transmission protocols, and transmission file formats, including AS2, SFTP, XML, VDA, and SAP IDOC.
- 3+ years experience of working with various EDIFACT file formats.
- Ability to analyse customer requirements and develop appropriate solutions.
- Prefer candidates with programing coding ability in one of the following programing languages, i.e. Visual Basic, VB.NET, Delphi or C# (required for advanced data manipulation or
interfacing with specific databases).
- Strong computer literacy with the MS Office suite, in addition technical experience in IT will be an advantage.