Database Architect and BI Specialist with at least 6 years experience is required for a large company based in Cape Town.
1. At least 6 years working experience with data in the financial services
2. Extensive experience with a BI Stack
3. 10+ years MSSQL experience
4. 3+ years SSIS experience
5. Experience with BI reporting tools like Business Objects, and data visualization and analytical tools
6. Experience with any ETL tool.
7. Advanced knowledge of database concepts, including SQL, Stored Procedures, Triggers, Indexes, Partitioning, Full Text, and tools for SQL Server 2000/2008/2012
Graduate student in Accounting, Investment Management or Computer Science fields (with strong Mathematical/Accounting background or subject knowledge an advantage).
. Good communication skills
2. Expert in design and development of relational data warehouses and OLTP systems
3. Ability to design, develop and maintain complex SSAS cubes with a large volume of dimensions
4. Advanced knowledge of SSRS
5. Strong Knowledge of Normalisation
6. Strong knowledge in MDX query language
7. Strong analytical and quantitative skills
8. Hands-on Strong troubleshooting and debugging skills
9. End-to-end data management experience and understanding of data warehouse concepts
10. Advanced ETL Development experience
11. Advanced BI Development experience.
Ability to work under pressure, time management and to be able to multi-task multiple projects.
1. Programming experience as per above. MS Office Suite, with Excel/Office integration an advantage
2. Knowledge of Portfolio and Trade Management Systems a distinct advantage, and in particular InvestOne, Decalog and Bloomberg AIM
1. Design and manage the Enterprise Data Model, including data dictionary/metadata registry
2. Develop strategies for warehouse implementation, data acquisition, and archive recovery
3. Implement the warehouse
4. Evaluate new data sources for adherence to the organization’s quality standards and ease of integration
5. Develop and maintain documentation of the overall data architecture, data flows and data models
6. Provide project requirements and time estimates
7. Provide consultation on complex projects and act as a senior level contributor
8. Provide direction on adoption of new technologies / best industry practices in data architecture and modelling
9. Ensure that data solution architectures and designs are appropriately robust and address business, application, information and infrastructure architectural requirements
10. Analyze the data and its relationships
11. Share data definitions and policies across projects
12. Govern big data based on business needs
13. Deliver accurate, current data, with consistency across master data entities
14. Manage data throughout its lifecycle
15. Make high-value information continuously available to business