HR Clerk – Salary R8 000 to R10 000June 18, 2013
Junior Desktop Support EngineerJune 20, 2013
Desktop Support Technician with 4 years solid working experience is required for a large company.
- Assist with the planning and implementation of additions and modifications to the supporting national infrastructure.
- Maintain the groups WAN/LAN infrastructure assist outsourced partners where necessary.
- Respond and resolve alerts arising from the IT monitoring systems.
- Hardware and software custody control.
- Maintenance and support assistance with the Microsoft LYNC environment.
- 3rd level support across the groups HP MFP environment.
- Participates in both business reviews and technical reviews regarding system changes.
- Ensure change control windows are adhered to and successfully completed.
- Conduct ad-hoc training sessions.
- Ensure minimum software and hardware standards are maintained.
- MS server, Active directory, SharePoint DNS, exchange administration.
- Independently works on corrective action initiatives, Isolates technical issues and makes appropriate recommendations for resolution.
- Participate in gauging the impact of system technology changes.
- Assist with capacity planning and system performance monitoring.
- Ensure helpdesk calls, are acknowledged ,updated and resolved.
- Ensure crew are provided with the correct security/network access levels.
- Ensure the UPS and data centre environments are maintained and secure.
- Video conferencing support.
- Assist with the Compilation of accurate and regularly updated system documentation.
- Participate in the implementation of ITL framework.
- Active involvement in DR planning and risk analysis.
- Minimum Matric qualification.
- Minimum 2 years Admin experience in similar role – Preferred.
- A+ and N+ Comptia Certifications. OR Relative IT Diploma.
- MCSE (Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer) MCSE 2003 OR MCITP International VUE Pearson Certification.
- 4 years solid working experience with MS Operating Systems, MS Outlook, MS Office.
- 3 years good working knowledge of MS Exchange and Active Directory.
- 3 years good working knowledge and exposure to MS Servers.
- Working knowledge of Anti Virus Applications , MacAfee, Symantec, etc)
- Very good working knowledge of Back-up Applications, preferably MSDPM
- Exposure to MS SQL.
- 1 year good working knowledge of MS TMG server. (Not essential but highly preferable)
- Basic exposure to and understanding of CISCO routers and switches.