Procurement Officer (Data Management) – Salary -R135 461 – R184 038 Per AnnumNovember 26, 2014
JAVA Developer – Salary R380K Per AnnumDecember 1, 2014
Development Manager with a minimum of 5 years experience is required for a large financial services company based in Johannesburg.
- Minimum of 5 years current experience in leading a technical team of 8 or more direct reports. Management of a development team is strongly preferred.
- Solid demonstrable experience utilising Agile development methodologies / techniques with associated understanding and experience of support functions and tools such as change / configuration management, testing, documentation and implementation processes.
- Previous COTS implementation skills is a must have
- Knowledge of the financial sector is strongly recommended
- Proven ability to manage change. Experience with large scale transformation projects preferred.
- Solid experience working in a multi-disciplinary team, fostering collaboration and teamwork.
- Solid understanding of batch and real-time data processing.
- Demonstrated experience in coaching and mentoring of team members.
- Solid experience in interacting with internal and external customers with demonstrated customer service orientation.
- Must have a technical background with a strong preference for hands-on development experience in a commercial software development environment.
- Expert experience with MS Office Products (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Outlook, Project).
- Manage the development and maintenance of applications within Premium IT while ensuring adherence to business requirements and expectations.
- Establish and build relationships with key business stakeholders within Premium IT and other relevant business units within the company, group and the broader Group.
- Develop and execute the Premium IT strategy.
- Ensure delivered assets are in line with Group security, Risk and Compliance regulations
- Participate, contribute and execute to the agreed IT architecture direction and roadmap.
- Implement and ensure adherence to the IT SDLC (Disciplined Agile Delivery), and focus on continuous improvement.
- Stay abreast of latest technology trends and direction and assess relevance to Premium IT.
- Manage costs and budgets (Team, projects and internal initiatives).
- Ensure timely delivery of the IT elements of projects in accordance with project costs and scope.
- Define and initiate strategic technical alliances.
- Participate in project and program definitions; manage project resources and capacity plans.
- Define and manage resource and capacity plan for the development team.
- Manage performance of the team including recognition and reward, disciplinary procedures, etc.
- Manage selection and recruitment of new team members.
- Lead, manage, coach and mentor the team.
- Identify skills shortages and identify training needs.
- Manage personal and career growth objectives of team members.
- Maximise retention of key resources.
- Define succession plans and execute accordingly.
- Prepare and submit required reports tailored to the Executive Committee and the Management Committee.