Database Developer – Salary R20 500 – R37 500 CTCMay 9, 2014
IT Project Manager Office – Salary R488 563.00 – R636 353.00 P.AMay 15, 2014
ETL Architect with at least 5 years experience is required for a large healthcare company based in JHB East.
- Degree/diploma in computer science/information systems
- Relevant technical certifications – highly advantageous
- Development experience in relational databases and data warehouses
- 5 years exposure to dimensional modelling and architecture to support large data warehouse environment, experience building re-usable ETL components
- Experience with performance monitoring and tuning
- 5 years development experience using an Enterprise ETL tool; healthcare domain experience is a plus
- Knowledge of MicroStrategy
- Dimensional data modelling and design understanding
- ETL development knowledge
- Understanding of BI reporting tools
- Knowledge of data warehouse appliances
- Knowledge of methodologies underlying data warehouse development
- Understanding of relational databases, OLTP systems
- General knowledge Microsoft and UNIX servers, shared storage and networking
- Understanding of health information
- Communication (verbal and written) skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Strong analysis and design skills
- Project management skills
- Ability to multi-task
- Research & implementation skills
- Persuasion and negotiation skills
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work effectively in a professional manner with technology staff, business stakeholders and end-users
- Ability to work independently; self-motivated with ability to drive projects
- To provide leadership and direction to the ETL development team to ensure design and development meet team standards.
- To perform code reviews for ETL mappings from a performance perspective and tune complex ETL mappings to improve the performance of the ETL process.
- To assist in resolving technical problems by providing analysis, testing protocols and implementing solutions to maximise productivity and learning of the ETL team.
- To provide quality review assessments of function design specifications to ensure the integrity of the design and identify flaws before development effort is invested.
- To act as a liaison between various technology teams, support teams and business units to ensure the smooth running of the function.
- To design and execute test scenarios for unit testing and communicate any issues with developers to adequately test new ETL development prior to deployment.
- To perform research into systems technologies to support the organisations strategic plan.
- To provide application technical configuration advice and support to the team and provide training in the use of off-the-shelf application software.
- To perform task management and prioritise operational functions to facilitate efficiencies within the ETL environment.
- To develop implementation plans and ensure adherence, and to guarantee the smooth deployment of new development to production.