Procurement Officer (Data Management) – Salary -R135 461 – R184 038 Per AnnumNovember 26, 2014
JAVA Developer – Salary R380K Per AnnumDecember 1, 2014
Infrastructure Architect with at least 5 years experience is required for a large financial services company based in Johannesburg.
- 5 years working experience
- 3 year degree or diploma with an Engineering
- Experience with strong skills and live exposure in the following SAN, NAS and Cisco
- Experience with large-scale transformation and migration projects
- Detailed knowledge of Project Management Methodologies in order to complement project managers within the design stages of the project.
- High-level consultancy skills in network design in WAN, LAN, storage and server design.
- Experience of Business Continuity planning and Disaster Recovery and implementation
- Hands-on experience of WAN/LAN infrastructure coupled with diagnostic skills supported by detailed technical knowledge of protocols
- Experience on various hardware and software environments including virtualization, operating systems, application servers and databases
- Knowledge of Java and Jboss applications/systems
The key challenges are:
- To maintain an efficient core infrastructure design that meets the operational expectations of the Business during delivery of the technical project portfolio.
- Working closely with development technical staff to ensure infrastructure requirements are incorporated in the development process and ensure early notification of future infrastructure requirements.
- Providing informed decisions and technical advice towards delivery transformation ensuring a cost effective infrastructure delivers the mandatory business benefits.
- Review existing enterprise architecture.
- Facilitate and shape discussion; providing technical detail, strategic value and contextual advice.
- Able to focus and direct discussions, reach agreement and collaboration on solutions and implementation.
- Design shape, integration and implement decisions.
- Analyse and solve complex architectural problems; present options; prevent obstacles, objections and constraints.
- Integrate and prioritise decisions and action needed.
- Ensure that solutions follow guided principles.
- Design optimal specifications at various organisational and departmental levels reduce duplication, interface complexity, incompatibility and unnecessary customisation and cost.
- Standardise, simplify and rationalise operating systems across the board.
- Engage and implement concepts and models from a deep technical perspective.
- Articulate existing functionality and the value of re-using existing methodologies; optimise full capability.
- Create reusable patterns and practises.
- Negotiate trade-offs and compromises.
- Ensure all Infrastructure related systems are documented i.t.o. Design, Configuration and Administration
Practice and Planning:
- Source and ensure the inclusion of best practice frameworks and enabling technologies.
Build world class intellectual capital and raise identify new technologies; demonstrating business value and explaining functional and process benefits for stakeholders.
- Identify gaps between current infrastructure practices and future best practice; recommend action, based on a comprehensive appreciation for best practice trends and industry specific needs.
- Predict current and future system and security requirements based on these trends.
- Create an IT infrastructure 18 month plan aligning with the business requirements ensuring optimal support and cost effective provisioning of IT infrastructure.
- Align appropriate best practices, governance and IT solutions.