IT Operations Manager with at least 5 years experience is required for a large company based in Johanneburg North.
• Lead the implementation, administration, maintenance and support of corporate data connections that include LAN, WAN, VPN and Internet connections to ensure scalable, resilient and stable network infrastructure.
• Lead the implementation, administration, maintenance and support of the enterprise systems that includes operating systems, business applications, telecommunication and database infrastructure to ensure optimal performance of the corporate systems.
• Manage, maintain and support the companies hosted network infrastructure with Cloud providers to ensure delivery of services to our corporate customers, availability and business continuity.
• Designing new systems and network infrastructure to ensure a cost effective and fit for purpose IT infrastructure.
• Produce and review performance statistics and capacity trends to be used for capacity planning and availability management.
• Ensure timely resolution of all infrastructure issues and other related system problems by providing 2nd and 3rd level support based on agreed SLAs.
• Maintain KPI target at all times as agreed between IT and the business.
• Manage and support IT related projects to ensure projects are delivered on time, within budget and to agreed design specification.
• Collaborate with other IT service functions such as Change management, Capacity management, Availability management, Security management and Service Level management to ensure Network operation functions are aligned with the team’s strategy.
• Conduct timely performance appraisals, objective setting, coaching and training of the team.
• Setting of yearly budget for Opex and Capex items.
Administration & maintenance of desktops, servers & services
Desktop/Mobile Support (2nd and 3rd line support):
Administration re Key Business Applications
Microsoft Suite of Products
Mobile Device Support – Tablets/Smartphones
Network & Infrastructure Support (2nd and 3rd line support):
Connectivity & Router configuration
Administration of LAN/WAN Environment , Core, Edge and Remote Networks
Administration of Firewalls , preferably Fortigate experience
Administration of VPN and Remote Support Enablement
Administration of hosted cloud providers, preferably Rackspace
Server Administration (2nd and 3rd line support):
Microsoft Active Directory
Microsoft Windows Server 2003/2008/2012 R2
Microsoft Exchange 2010 / 2013 High Availability
Microsoft Sharepoint & Lync 2010
Microsoft IIS Applications
VMWare Enterprise/ Virtualisation
Microsoft Clustering and High Availability Technologies
Administration of Backup procedures using Backup Exec and VEEAM
Administration of SAN and File Storage systems
• Always identifying ways of cost savings for Opex and Capex items
• Motivate staff faced with heavy workload and aggressive timelines.
• Be updated with latest technology and innovative tools.
• Deliver projects within budget and agreed timelines.
• Ability to provide accurate and detailed reports.
• Be able to communicate IT terminology into common language
Disaster recovery, planning and testing; imaging and snapshot technologies
Must be procedural and have documentation focused culture
Capacity & Monitoring Management including reporting
Experience with Fortigate/Fortinet firewall products
Experience with HP Blade Servers advantageous
Experience working with Dedicated & Cloud Hosting environments
Exposure to HP Server Technologies advantageous