Branch Administrator – Salary R10K – R15KOctober 10, 2014
Business Intelligence Analyst – Salary Market RelatedOctober 15, 2014
Java Developer with a minimum of 4 years experience is required for a large financial services company based in Johannesburg.
- Any Degree, Diploma or Certification in computer science
- Familiar with one or more programming languages as appropriate for the specific requirements of the department related to the field.
- Good written and oral communication and interpersonal skills, highly logical, technically proficient.
- Minimum four (4) years of experience in programming and system design.
- Drive business profitability in the context of cost management through Information technology solutions during programming operations via. new initiatives (automated testing) and Project Management(Day-to-Day): Responsible for making sure that jobs run on time and on budget
- Increase operational efficiency and suggest solutions to enhance cost effectiveness by removal of duplicated processes
- Manage regular back up’s so data is not lost during programming in order to reduce risk and prevent losses
- Present business cases for new front-end systems including the most efficient cost by providing different options
- Deliver exceptional service that exceeds customers’ expectations through proactive, innovative and appropriate solutions by resolving queries fast end effective with a 1-change learning plans, FiT Technical Management and other initiatives
- Cultivate and manage objective working relationships with a variety of stakeholders, including end-users, SME’s, project managers and senior staff members by providing input to business requirements and being able to present and sell concepts to clients
- Produce complex program specifications and implement system enhancements by addressing specific business needs and resolving enquiries
- Code, compile and implement program after testing and create FPS entries. Conduct change and problem controls. Support dev, pre-prod and live environments. Responsible for coding standards and peer reviews
- Comply, understand and implement all steps within IT development and meet governance in terms of legislative and audit requirements during programming execution
- Assess, identify and mitigate potential risks within the IT programming environment by complying with technology business policy and process requirements (SDLC and change / release management process definition) to ensure operational performance
- Develop and produce specification and architecture that is in accordance to agreed standards for programs by designing codes tests, debugs and corrects sections of code programs (stringent testing cycle) to obtain sign off for a robust solution with supporting documentation
- Minimise system downtime through pro-active monitoring and planning and ensure minimisation of recurring problems by managing defects and incident (code reviews) and limit number of changes in INT after cut-off then deploy production and obtain post production acceptance
- Accurate verification of systems post change and daily and pro-actively do performance analysis to ensure there is no system failure due to capacity or scheduled maintenance. Support with enquiries
- Manage agreed programme development projects to ensure successful implementation of the full programming process, within agreed timelines
- Zero errors for system code implementation and 99 % uptime (system responsive and secure for access) by ensuring root cause analysis are done (RCA) and severity of incidents recorded for future prevention and prevention of risk
- Manage programming service desk and incidents to provide efficient desktop support, aligned to SLA’s and agreed standards
- Manage own development to increase own competencies and develop creative skills or interest in beautiful design
- Proactively engage with business units and colleagues to understand underlying needs and opportunities, and identify Information Technology (IT) innovative solutions in a timely manner.
- Knowledge of the latest trends in the industry, and constantly improving technical skills
- Supervises the work of other programmers. Provides technical assistance, as required to the programmers and other Information Systems (IS) employees.