Database Developer – Salary R20 500 – R37 500 CTCMay 9, 2014
IT Project Manager Office – Salary R488 563.00 – R636 353.00 P.AMay 15, 2014
Microstrategy (Visual Crossing Architect) with at least 2 years experience is required for a large healthcare company based in JHB East.
- MicroStrategy Certification (MicroStrategy Certified Engineering Principal) (MCEP) – Essential
- 3 year Degree / Diploma in Information Sciences or Biological Sciences
- Knowledge of MicroStrategy
- In-depth knowledge of BI reporting tools
- Knowledge of dimensional data modelling and design
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft and Unix servers, shared storage and networking
- Understanding of health information
- Experience with GIS data structures e.g. Shape files
- Experience in developing spatial BI reports and/ dashboards
- Experience in business requirements analysis and translation to technical specification for reports
- Experience working as a developer in a BI Reporting team and minimum of 2 years as an architect and team lead
- Experience in developing BI reports and dashboards including advanced graphical
- Experience in data warehouse design Experience in logical and physical design of MicroStrategy metadata
- Experience in leading team including technical support, managing delivery to deadlines, standard communication with more senior management
< To provide leadership and direction to the BI Reporting team to ensure design and development standards are met.
< To perform design reviews from a performance perspective and tune complex reports and dashboards, to ensure an appropriate user experience in the BI environment.
< To act as a liaison between various technology teams, support teams and business units to ensure the smooth running of the function and delivery of relevant and accurate reporting to business.
< To design and execute test scenarios for unit testing and communicate any issues with developers, to adequately test new reports/dashboard development prior to user acceptance testing.
< To provide application technical support to the team and ad hoc end user support.
< To perform research into systems technologies to support the organisation’s strategic plan.
< To perform project task management for projects and prioritise operational functions to facilitate efficiencies within the BI Reporting environment.
< To develop implementation plans and enforce adherence to plans in order to guarantee the smooth deployment of new development to production.