National Field Operations Manager with at least 5 years experience is required for technology company based in JHB North.
Job Related Experience
- 5 years field operations management experience
- Experience in field marketing management, retail, petroleum and independent sales advantageous
- Budgeting experience
- Experience MIS systems
- Talent management and development
Business Related Experience
- High level customer orientation
- Process management and enhancement
- Resource management and allocation.
- Ability to direct self and others
- Operational Management Experience
- Strategic management
- Managing Budgets
- Excellent people management
- Project management
- Accuracy and diplomacy
- Developing & maintenance of sound business relationships
- Customer Relationship Management
Job Related Skills
- High level sales and marketing skills
- MIS System skills
- Strategic skills
- Understanding of relevant legislation
Business Related Skills
- Extensive business acumen
- Telecommunications industry experience
- Objective setting skills
- Risk management
- Contracts negotiation skills
- Human Resource Management skills
- Management of Resources and budgets
- Excellent communication skills –
- Excellent decision making skills
- Outstanding interpersonal skills
- Stress management skills
- Mental alertness
- Internal locus of control
- Firm and consistent
- Strong value system
- Team Player
Education & Qualifications
- B. degree in sales or marketing
- Post Graduate Qualification advantageous
Drives channels sales performance within the sales channels serviced by the Field Operations Team.
Provides input into sales forecasting to the commercial team as well as planning and budgeting all operational expenses relating to Field Operations.
Manages a successful field support team and ensures that the team consistently meets or exceeds the sales and operational performance metrics set out by the business.
Implements Field Force Management best practice methodologies and processes in line with business requirements and objectives.
Implements enabling technologies to ensure effective field force management, route optimization, resource allocation which will effectively measure the field operations team output.
Monitors and ensures the accuracy and efficient distribution of sales reports and other intelligence essential to the business and assists with the development of new reporting tools as needed.
Acts as a liaison/partner between the Field Operations team and other Business Units.
Works with the commercial team to create and maintain a world class sales culture focused on delivering results by providing ongoing coaching and development of the field operations team.
Works effectively with internal support departments (Product, Marketing, Finance, Operations and Technology) to define effective sales and retention strategies in line with customer requirements, both new and existing.
Identifies opportunities and weaknesses within regions, along with the regional managers, and present proposals on how to create value, increase sales revenues and increase operational efficiencies within the regions.
Works closely with the commercial team and BIPM to define pricing strategies and trend competitor behaviour.
Remains knowledgeable of key processes, business initiatives and internal resources in order to effectively deliver against the business objectives.
Proactively identifies and drives sales and operational process improvement across all business units and identifies inefficient processes that hamper sales and operational performance.
Effectively manages field operation expenses to ensure the delivery of business nett profit targets.
Provides input to business in the development and administration of sales incentives and performance bonuses.
Directs and supports the consistent implementation of company initiatives.
Builds support and strong internal-company relationships with other key management personnel.
The National Filed Operations Manager:-
- is able to identify key sales support goals and objectives as well as implement the defined plan to drive delivery of these goals and objectives. Is able to identify risks and obstacles and come up with contingencies to overcome these risks and obstacles. Is open and collaborative and ensures pro-active feedback to Senior Executives through regular de-briefs and status updates;
- believes in self, company and marketplace and is passionate about learning and growing. Takes responsibility for their own success, doesn’t externalize, accepts challenges and does not take “no” as failure but as an opportunity to succeed; creates and sustains ongoing forums that encourages two-way communication opportunities; demonstrates and promotes positive client and work relationships, proactively addresses and manages conflict and disputes and works to achieve constructive resolution;
- demonstrates unquestionable integrity in every aspect of work and dealing with others, consistently models desired behaviors and values established by the company, respects diversity of perspective in discussions and demonstrates an inclusive style;
- makes fact based decision and follows through to completion, analyses and uses data to achieve sales goals, drives execution, initiates action and follow-ups to successful completion, effectively
- demonstrates how solutions will solve business and customer problems, continuously conducts pre-planning discussions and debriefs post implementation to ensure the business can identify areas of success and improvement;
- effectively builds and maintains partnerships with customers, colleagues and direct reports at all levels. Maintains flexibility and reacts to change appropriately. Communicates and shares information that builds trust and enhances relationships;