Application Systems Analyst Programmer – Salary Market RelatedOctober 29, 2014
Senior Buyer – R45 000 – R52 000 CTCOctober 31, 2014
Senior Developer with at least 3-5 years experience is required for a large technology company based in JHB North.
- 3 to 5 years of full-stack ASP.NET development, including much of the following:
- Detailed knowledge of web programming and the moving parts of the web
- Extensive C# including LINQ, generics and coding in tiered architectures
- A solid understanding of OOP/SOLID principles and general good practices
- Experience of, or keen interest in, software architecture and developing distributed, asynchronous solutions using messaging, queues and other horizontally scalable concepts
- High degree of proficiency in HTML and CSS
- Extensive SQL Server experience writing DDL, procedures and views
- Solid understanding of RDBMS principles including normalisation, denormalisation, FK constraints, query optimization and profiling
- Ideally some Oracle experience, although not essential
- Ideally working collaboratively using TFS source control in a continuous integration environment
- To join and significantly contribute to a small, innovative team developing a successful enterprise web application in the Service Management domain.
- Core activities are the analysis, design and coding of new features together with significant re-architecting, refactoring or scaling of existing features in line with changing business and infrastructure requirements.
- The challenge faced by the team is maintaining a successful application with a very active worldwide customer base whilst re-architecting key components to handle new non-functional requirements in usability, performance and scale for the future.
- The successful applicant will be a seasoned developer with a rounded set of skills, experienced in delivering commercial application software and with a detailed knowledge of web programming, who is looking to tackle larger architectural problems with the freedom to make their mark on the implementation.
- A keen interest in software design and implementing decoupled, asynchronous solutions would be ideal. The company is open-minded on technology choice and approach and the successful applicant will be a strong-minded individual who enjoys investigating and developing designs from proof-of-concept through to implementation.
- The development team is both co-located and remote but works closely together with much paired design and development, and a preference for collaborative, iterative ways of working is desirable.
- Good communication skills are essential. There is an element of indirect third-line technical support and the potential to mentor less experienced team members.