Software Solutions ConsultantJuly 10, 2013
Unix Developer – Salary Market RelatedJuly 12, 2013
Systems Developer with at least 3+ years experience in configuring and administering Apache web is required for a large company in JHB East.
- Engage with internal operational departments and customers, when required, to analyse requirements for customer portals, and thereafter project manage, design, configure, and implement each portal solution.
- Take ownership of the internal PHP based Intranet server, to ensure continued availability of information, implement design and content updates when required, and ensure its underlying databases are optimal and available.
- Support the commissioning of the server, development of workflows, and delivery of service via the Microsoft SharePoint platform, to enable collaboration between departments and provisioning of content by specific departments to support information publication and sharing requirements.
- Distribute and implement database updates to the branch Cost-IT servers, after they have been delivered from the software developers..
- Provide support for marketing and their objectives to ensure that the South African based public Internet web server adheres to the global colour and style guides provided by our Head Office.
- Develop and establish relationships with internal clients and through these partnerships ensuring a seamless and quality service being provided.
- Ensure that all activities in the area of responsibility are compliant with current legal and company specific regulations.
- Microsoft Certified Systems Developer or similar qualification.
- 3+ years’ experience in configuring and administering Apache web servers and one of major Linux distro’s, preferably Centos.
- 2+ years’ experience in configuring and administering the VTiger GPL applications.
- 3+ years’ experience in administering Microsoft SQL Server and MySQL databases.
- 2+ years’ experience in development of solutions on the Microsoft SharePoint platform.
- Ability to analyse customer requirements and develop appropriate solutions.
- Prefer candidates with programing coding ability in one of the following programing languages, i.e. Visual Basic, VB.NET, or Delphi.
- Strong computer literacy with the MS Office suite and in addition technical experience in IT will be an advantage.